Meeting 10/16/06 - 7pm
Attendance - Lisa Canter, Wendy Furrow, Angel Gasior, Heather Hinegardner, Beth Hoffman, Karen Platt
1. We reviewed the mission goals in order to keep focus on our projects.
2. Hush-ups - Wendy is drafting an email to send out to our members to gauge interest or need.
Karen is going to ask MSD if there is a need as well. Angel will mass email Wendy's message and we will determine follow-up
based on responses.
An application process was discussed for determining which classrooms would receive the hush-ups.
No final decision has been made.
Side note - I'd like to give a set to Beth's classroom first. Also, if we order before
10/31 we get a free dozen with our purchase. I also believe multiple sets will get a further discount.
3. HCC certification program - Lisa is going to follow up with Pat Hogan and see if the college will
reconsider. I forgot to mention but, Senator Hooper said he would attend our next meeting with the college if we
meet with them again. Maybe, we should try to set up a meeting with the credit program director through Pat. Pat
Hogan's email is PHogan@Harford.edu.
4. Roles of the Executive Board will remain the same.
5. Newsletter - Lisa is going to pull the pieces together and then send on to Angel for editing.
Heather will be spotlighting families and Karen will be listing Community Events. Due date for submissions to Lisa is
10/23, so that we can mail by the 27th to give everyone a week's notice for the first scrapbooking date.
6. Karen is also going to coordinate quarterly social events including bowling, swimming lessons,
ice skating, picnic, ice cream at Friendly's, and other various ideas.
7. Pamper Yourself Day
-Price for tickets will $12 because we are including more food choices.
-New set up was discussed. Massages and seminar will be set up in room 5. All vendors in the
gym. Food in the Activity room.
-Heather will coordinate vendors. I am attaching the contract for vendors to this email.
-Lisa is going to coordinate manicurists. We need to get as many as possible as soon as possible.
-Karen and Wendy are going to coordinate food.
-Our table will include shirts, bags, magnets, chocolate pops, and bracelets. Lisa is looking into
bracelets. We will also put together a baske to be raffled.
8. Wendy is going to reconnect with Terry Carmody about scrapbooking. We have Nov. 3rd,
and Jan. 19th from 6:30-9pm.
9. Angel will be meeting with Senator Hooper to discuss the Deaf Child's Bill of Rights. She
will wait until after the elections.
10. Everyone agreed that we need to purchase a laptop and projector for the organization. Angel
will begin researching prices.
11. Reminder - our next "meeting" will be Dec. 8th.
12. Karen asked about the Highland's School. Information was shared the school but nothing has
been heard from them since. Margie Hughes has been coordinating much of our interaction. Her email address is